Database Administrator – Nicosia & Limassol, Cyprus
Full Time. Apply by: 16 December 2018
MediaLink is a full service digital marketing agency. Our talented software engineer team develops customized digital solutions for local and international clients. We are looking for a Database Administrator (DBA) for our Software Development Department who will be responsible for providing operational database services to the company. This is a production DBA role and includes management of SQL Servers handling multiple applications in production, QA and test environments.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports, database backups, maintenance, monitoring on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
This role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Educated to degree level in related subject (Computer Science, MIS or related field) or able to demonstrate significant relevant experience.
- Demonstrable experience of working on complex programs/projects.
- Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server.
- Experience using replication and troubleshooting replication problems.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Good English communication and cross-group collaboration skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Job title: Database Administrator
Location: Nicosia & Limassol, Cyprus
If you are interested in the above position, please send us your CV and Cover Letter by email: email@example.com.